Cisco certifications have begun a significant evolution that addresses the needs of the modern network, requiring both infrastructure and software expertise, and the modern learner, serving up cutting-edge content. This is Cisco’s biggest change to certifications in 25 years. New certification tracks mean new learning options designed to empower you with the flexibility to invent and reinvent yourself to make a real difference in the roles you play in your organization.
Summary of Changes:
- New DevNet track of certification across all levels
- CCENT entry level cert is being retired
- CCNA is consolidated to one certification, requiring one exam
- CCNP will have five concentration areas that reflect the latest technologies, each requiring TWO exams
- The new Specialist Level is earned after the first exam in a CCNP track
- CCIE will require 2 exams, the first being a CCNP exam, the other a CCIE lab exam
- Recertification requirement is every 3 years
- New courses are being released now!